Note about support: all support requests about related to “Image cropper” are answered only in comments or on email.
- With plugin attached PHP script with an example image save
- I also plan to make such a plugin specially for WordPress and for other similar CMS
How work the other plug-ins download and cropping images?
- Upload photos to the server using the standard boot
- After uploading photos you can meet plugin that allows you to crope the image but
it does not cut it on the fly(immediately) and finds coordinate X and Y, the width and
height and sends them back to the server and the server that had received the data
(x,y,width,height) loads the images into the memory, checks it, cut it and than saves and
gives the results of the work to the browser.
How Image cropper works?
- Call the plug on the block, for example Upload image You
can also drag image and throw them into the block if included the parameter drop: true
when plugin is initializing.
- If the crop: true then after the image selection screen appears window with proposal to
mark necessary area and cut it, I want to note that the image will not load, it has loaded
into the browser from your computer and will not send.
- For your convenience it is made two fields for width and height, you can point width and
height you need into them.
- Mark the area you need on the photo and click Cut than the selected area with photowith
other parameters ( tipe, size…) will send as a view POST request to the address you had
indicated , but if you will click Ignore the image will send without cutting, that is to say
in the whole format.
- Server receives incoming data and stores your image in the format you want.
- want you to pay attention if the image is very large it is reduced to the available size
of the window your web browser but the size of the image when it is cutting remains
unchanged it allows you to work with large formats, for example: 6000×4000.
- Also the system with the indication of the maximum size of the photo realized in the
plagin, for example, you want to limit your users with upload images no more than
1200px in width, than you should point the parameter maxWidth: 1200 plugin will check
the image size itself, and if it is more you specified, the image will automatically reduce
proportionally without losing of the quality, to 1200 in width.
you specified maxWidth: 1200 user loads the image in size200px width and height to 1600px
Eventually the image will reduce without losing of quality to the size of width 1200px
height: 874px, great, is not it? The same principle will work on maxHeigh, you can specify
two parameters at once and maxWidth and maxHeight.
Plugging s parameters: